Welcome, July! Happy Birthday, America! And hello, new Links to Reads. Enjoy the top 10, handpicked specially for you!
* So Amazon bought Whole Foods. What will the shopping experience be in the famous natural foods store from now on?
* Trash cooking? Yup. Such exists. In a better language, it is called cooking with scraps.
* Korean scientists are toning down some of kimchi’s distinct characteristics, including its strong smell, to make it more appealing to Westerners.
* The secret history of the world’s most expensive spice, saffron.
* A special type of tea, pu-erh, sought after by tea connoisseurs, comes from only one hidden mountainous corner in China.