Explore 200 tempting recipes for appetizers and salads, soups and stews, pasta, meat, vegetable and egg dishes, breads, saffron rice pilafs, aromatic drinks, and desserts, all adapted for preparation in a Western kitchen. The book is 90 percent new content and 10 percent best recipes from the blog. Interspersed throughout the text are fascinating glimpses of local culture and traditional proverbs related to food that will make your adventure even more memorable.
Pomegranates & Saffron is the Winner of several awards:
1) 2014 Winner of Gourmand Best in the World Award.
2) U.S. Winner of Gourmand World Cookbook Award (Eastern European Cookbooks category).
3) Living Now Book Award – Silver Medalist (Ethnic Cookbooks category).
4) National Indie Excellence Award Winner (International Cookbooks Category).
Feride has a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in English Philology from the State University of Languages in Azerbaijan. She also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from California State University.
Feride lives in Long Beach, California, with her husband and their two children.
- Hospitality and Food
- Special Days and Food Traditions
- Recipes and Menus
- About the Recipes
- Appetizers and Salads
- Soups and Stews
- Lamb and Beef
- Poultry and Game
- Vegetables, Fresh Herbs, and Eggs
- Khengel and Other Pasta Dishes
- Milk Dishes
- Sauces and Condiments
- Savory Breads, Pies, and Pastries
- Pakhlava, Sweet Breads, and Other Desserts
- Tea, Sharbat, and Other Beverages
- Basics and Techniques
- Glossary of Ingredients and Terms
- Where to Find Ingredients
- Metric Conversion Charts
- Additional Resources
Editor of Azerbaijan International Magazine, at AZER.com
Award-Winning Author (with Nur Ilkin) of The Turkish Cookbook
Award-Winning Author of Nile Style