This post was originally published on September 2, 2009 and I am updating it today with the video recipe from my new YoutTube Channel – AZCookbook with Feride. Please SUBSCRIBE to it and share it with your friends.
Another summer is almost over. I can’t believe how fast it’s been fading away this year. To say goodbye to my favorite time of year and to welcome fall, I made Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Marinated Mushrooms, in which I used a colorful array of fresh summer vegetables along with mushrooms, and pickled cucumber, and a healthy doze of olive oil and lemon juice. This salad is fresh, crunchy, bright, and super delicious. I have a feeling you’ll love it.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE SALAD WITH MARINATED MUSHROOMS
- 1 small jar (about 2 cups) marinated button mushrooms, drained well
- 1 medium onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, boiled in water until half cooked (should be somewhat crunchy), peeled, and cut into thin strips
- 1 small green Bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 small red Bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow or/and orange Bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium pickled dill cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium fresh cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Salt and black pepper
- If the mushrooms are very small, leave them whole. If bigger, cut in half.
- Put the onion in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt on top. Rub and squeeze the onion with your hand, to release the bitter juices and to soften it. Rinse under running cold water, then squeeze dry to remove all the moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Adjust the amount of olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Toss well.
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
O wow what a beautifully colourful salad … really prefect for summer Farida!
A delicious looking salad! I love the colors!
Salad looks very colorful!
I really love the vibrant colours that go into your dishes and their presentations.
nice, many thanks
The combination is fabulous! Sounds so fresh and healthy. I love the dill pickles in it, I’m sure they make me eat more 🙂
That salad looks amazing! I’m getting hungry just looking at it. Your blog is very colorful and impressive.
my mother always said presentation is key to any meal so make sure u use loads of vegetables with colour and vary it! she would love this 🙂 beautiful. and i bet, very tasty. xx
If you like, come back and visit mine: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com
Pablo from Argentina
This looks so fresh! I don’t like mushrooms, but I may have to make this for my hubby – of course, I’d have to have a steak on the side too! 😀
Hey,what an interesting blog.What a pity,i didnt about it before.Already bookmarked your blog Farida.Keep rocking.Good luck
What a pretty colorful refreshing salad! I love the creative combo! I defnitely feel like trying this..thanx,Mia 🙂
yum salad what a great and vibrant blog you have
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS. KEEP THEM COMING:)
live your blog
visit mine plz
Oooh, I love the plate!
i make this salad very often, Farida,.,.healthy + you may eat as much i you like YOU WONT GAIN MUCH WEIGHT :)) THANK YOU FOR RECIPE!!
hey that looks yummy..one question only can i marinate the mushroom at home and if yes then how..??
PARUL – Sorry I don’t marinate the mushroom myself. I use canned here.