1. Tomorrow I am going to China. Sounds surreal to me, but this is happening. I constantly ask myself, “Am I dreaming?” My suitcase reminds me I am not. As you may already know, my cookbook is one of the Gourmand World Cookbook Award winners in the Eastern European category. In China, I will be competing against 10 other winners from around the world for the title of the Best in the World. The event will take place in the city of Yantai, which is in Shandong Province. By just looking at the pictures of the city alone and reading about it overfills me with excitement over the adventure that is to begin soon. The food is unique there and it is the wine capital of China. The Winner will be announced on June 9. Please keep my book in your positive thoughts and wish me luck!
2. Second Edition of “Pomegranates & Saffron” is ready to PRE-ORDER at a special pre-order price! The First Edition was released only a few months ago (October 30, 2014) and it literally flew off the shelves. I was ready for another print. I didn’t want to just reprint the First Edition because I wanted to improve it and so I did. So, what’s in the Second Edition and how is it different from its precedent?
- There will be several new recipes (such as from ethnic minorities—Jews, Russians, and others— living in Azerbaijan).
- There will be new photos.
- Old recipes will remain but they have been polished.
- Little typos here and there are gone (crossing my fingers).
- There will be 16 extra pages, making it a 336-page book!
- Limited Edition again. Only about 1,400 copies will be available for sale.
The official U.S. release date of the Second Edition is September 30, 2015. As soon as I receive the books in Los Angeles from my overseas printer, I will begin sending out the pre-orders. It could be well before September 30, depending on the customs inspection. I will keep you updated. I will ship anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, having a distribution center somewhere in Europe or some other part of the world (besides Azerbaijan) is not feasible at the moment, but could be possible in the future.
Friends in Baku, you are luckier. You will receive the books end of June. Plus, you will be able to pick up your copies from a designated location in Baku. And no outrageous international shipping rates for you! Also, I will be in Baku this summer so there is a high chance I will meet you there. Can’t wait! Keep in mind that I am only taking a small portion of the books to Baku, so don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Links for more info:
Here’s my blog post about the release of the First Edition. You can also watch the trailer about it, in case you missed it.
Thank you so much for making my dream come true. You’ve cheered for me all this time, you’ve supported me by purchasing my book, you’ve cooked from it, you’ve shared your photos, you’ve written reviews—you just made me feel like the luckiest person on Earth for having such a loving and supportive group of people around the world. I am grateful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.